Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Inspriation

I am inspired by my friends' blogs. They have games, video bars and image slideshows. I am determined to know how to add these applications and I will! Friends, could you post any suggestions as to how to add these functions?

They are COOL! :-)

p.s. I still intend to do more with Flickr...

7 comments:

  1. Hey Katie,

    its really easy to add any new application to your website. Once you have signed in all you need to do is go to your dashboard and click on settings. Its just in your layout. After that you can click on a gadget and you can choose anything that you like. You just need to press the + button and then it will ask you a few things and then save. And presto you have a new gadget. Play around with it, it is awesome fun.

    candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was so much fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is looking great. Good advice Candy. I was about to tell Katie the big secret to adding stuff to the blog: add a gadget. It's addictive!

    Next is just to add a slideshow from your flickr account. It's in add a gadget under 'slideshow' and you just use whatever your Flickr screen name is to link it. There is one necessary setting to have on the flickr pictures that you want to share - they need to be tagged as public.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: I just noticed that your video bar alternates which YouTube videos it displays. It's my turn to ask...how did you do that?

    Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Loretta,

    I just changed my colour scheme to be more prettiful. That was fun!

    I guess I should get excited about Flickr and actually add some photos to my account.

    Video Bar alternations:

    When I chose the gadget, they asked for which You Tube topics I wanted.

    To get more than one, I typed:

    Library, Web 2.0, Library 2.0

    Because I chose three topics (WITH commas dividing topics), they alternate between the three topics for me.

    p.s. I didn't know that would happen! It was a lucky surprise ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good experimentation Katie. It's fun isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Katie,

    Now I know what I did differently to you: I subscribed to the Lee Lefever channel rather than to topics of interest.

    ReplyDelete