Thursday, April 9, 2009

You Tubing!

I realised that I haven't actually given thoughts on You Tube. I LOVE You Tube. I usually use it to track down songs and comedy skits. I love looking that the old footage of motown singers and hard-to-find clips. I like to share You Tube clips on my FaceBook. The most recent example is of Kermit the Frog and Debbi Harry singing Rainbow Connection together. Interestingly, the original Rainbow Connection from the film that was posted had it's sound taken off for legal reasons. There are You Tube watch dogs out there! This gives me confidence that the content is being monitored and creative laws are respected. You Tube is also useful for more practical matters. Everyone looks at it so it's a fantastic way to give any ideas out. It's an avenue for humorous knowledge. Yay for You Tube!

And now for fun;



I love the Muppets.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the muppets too :) While I think it's good that youtube is monitored, I think it's a pity that the sound has been taken off rainbow connection not because it's offensive or dangerous but just because of copyright. I know artists' rights have to be respected but I hate to think that good things are being restricted when they could be enjoyed by the wider web community.

    ReplyDelete