Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Podcasting
I am now a subscriber to a few pod casts via ABC TV's podcast website. I have subscribed to Triple J Raw Comedy and Triple J Music News. I found that I did not want to subscribe to their news pod casts because they were not general news, but divided into different new bulletins. I had no interest in any of them. I would rather subscribe to news blogs than the pod casts. The pod casts I chose were amusing to listen to. I will honestly state, however, that I am less interested in pod casts. I believe this is because I am primarily a "Linguistic Learner" and less of an "Aural Learner" (according to Gardner's Multiple Intelligences). I do see the value of pod casts for Aural Learners.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ah...Multiple intelligences, that's bringing back some memories. Yes, I also believe that podcasts are just one way to communicate news or a message, as people who respond to interaction/discussion (e.g. verbal/linguistic or interpersonal learners) might prefer other ways of learning. I prefer the BBC news RSS feed that I subscribed to in Google Reader, as this gives me the choice of which news story to read. In terms of podcasts, I like to just sit back, relax and listen - it depends on the person and the subject.
ReplyDelete